PAID AD

PAID AD

Friday, February 3, 2012

MIC CHECK No Respect! Contributing Correspondent: Trey Da Choklit Jok

Trey

While watching the president's State of the Union Address, I couldn't help but think about the time Congressman Joe Wilson shouted, "You Lie!" right in the middle of the speech. That was the first time that ever happened to any U.S. President. That showed a lack of respect, not only for the leader of the free world, but a lack of respect for the office of the president of the United States of America.

No matter how much I disliked how President George W. Bush ran the country, if I ever saw him in public or met him, I'd HAVE TO humble myself (for the moment) and greet the former President...then go back to disliking him.

Then there's the case with Governor Jan Brewer of Arizona putting her hand in the President's face. If I recall correctly, Arizona already has a racist past, being one of the last states to make Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday a national holiday. While greeting the president as he arrived in her state last week, the picture of her putting her hand in his face surfaced on the Internet. “Let me say that I respect the office of president, and when I went to meet him at the tarmac, I went with a happy heart,” Brewer told CNN. “He turned that conversation immediately to my book, Scorpions for Breakfast, and was immediately somewhat distraught -- disappointed about the way he was portrayed in my book,” she said.

In the book, she talked about their 2010 meeting, in which she says Obama treated her with condescension. Arizona has tough Immigration laws that President Obama openly opposes.

Got to reach in the deck and pull out the ole' race card folks...got to. There isn't a coincidence that these situations keep happening. Rep. Wilson shouting "You Lie" as the president addresses the nation, and Governor Brewer putting her hand in the face of the president. It's clear the president isn't respected because he's black.
Republicans love it! You should see the joy in their faces and the congratulatory tone in their voices as they report the story and interview her. Sure, she quickly came out and said she "respects the office of the president", but she never said she respects the President. And NO, it’s not the same thing. I don't buy that stuff ("stuff" isn't what I want to say by the way).

It was Obama who picked then-Gov. Janet Napolitano of Arizona to be his Secretary of Homeland Security, which paved the way for Brewer to become governor. Ain't that a blip! (You gotta know "Blip" is not the word I want to use). Obama 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment